Friday, October 12, 2007

Indecent Justification

As soon I got up today morning my friend has given me morning news paper. Wow what a start of the day. This is definitely going to be a gr8 day, I murmured to me. My grand mom always says “beta u do gud to others.. Sooner or later they will pay back”. I thought now whatever good work I have done is paying me back. Ok I agree may be I m giving more importance to this event.. may be he was not in mood of reading it and don’t find any other suitable place then banging on my head, having thought that I started reading it.
The first news I have seen provoked me to write this. That article was clearly an example of misrepresentation of facts. Let me tell you what was there…
The article was based on a survey report which suggested that 40% women in India still find domestic violence justified. Amongst them 35% justified brutal beating by their husbands for the cause of family respect, children responsibilities and blah blah blah…
They represented this article in such way that even after 60 years of independence and so called lots of women revolution activities and laws still our women are suppressed. Is it correct? I don’t agree.
Statistics suggest that in last 10 years number of male counterparts who are become pray of this domestic violence has been increased by two folds. Women are increasingly become more capable and by using or so called misusing IPC laws (which are made 40-50 years ago by considering circumstance of those times which are absolutely changed now) to humiliate their male counterparts.
Take my example I facing this domestic violence from childhood. My both elder sisters are still slapping me for any of the hell cause and when I ask my mother to intervene and sort out the matter she also slap me and tell to abide whatever my sister says. Seeeee does this media ever did any survey for how much males justify house violence. I m sure the answer will be none.
The interesting fact is if the women herself are justifying it then what is the issue. This clearly shows that they are very well aware about +ve and –ve aspect of domestic violence and know this is only way they can live a good life. Still this media is tagging Indian women less aware and idiot who accepts domestic violence rationally. The fact is they are misguiding women and taking them against their male counterparts who are always trying to help them in taking the right path even by brutal beating (Wooow). I think this women organizations should handle these media organizations in better way. Hey Indian women this survey report have more glorified your image in my eyes.
Disclaimer: All characters in this story are not fictional. Any resemblance with any living or dead is not purely coincidental but definitely facts and figure are correctly misrepresented to make it more interesting for readers specially women readers. I have also given some idiotic justifications to prove my point (Forgive me pls) but not as idiotic as women have justified domestic violence.
So please in any circumstances don’t tolerate domestic violence or if you are tolerating (ur wish, u r free) at least don’t justify it.

3 comments:

Sajjan said...

Hi Vijay,
Though you started your article with an interesting concept "misrepresentation of facts", i found that you yourself were doing the same thing. For example when you say that you were beaten by your sisters, you were never beaten because you were a boy(a male in this reference), but because you would have done something wrong. And when you complained your about this and she also slapped you, because you were wrong again.
So in this scenario, i do not found anything that may justify your thoughts.
You know Vijay, the basic proble or i must say the psychology behind this is that we "Mankind as a whole" think that whatever we are doing is right. Ask anybody, you will get the same answer.
Here you may be right that the writer misinterpreted the data, but to solidify your points, you even did the same thing.

Sajjan

viju said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
viju said...

hey sajju i think u missed diosclaimer section. pls read it..keep posting.